Dinner With Isi in Stuttgart


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
September 15th 2010
Published: September 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Paulaner For DinnerThe Paulaner For DinnerThe Paulaner For Dinner

Marilyn, Isi, Jan, Bob Dan
Thanks to Marilyn's cell phone and trying numerous number combinations, we were able to reach Isabel to let her know that we were running late. She was shopping in downtown Stuttgart and I guess we didn't put her out too much. We arrived at our hotel a little after 7:00 and after checking in, took a taxi for the 10 minute ride to the Paulaner Restaurant where Isi met us and had the reservation. The Paulaner is an authentic German Restaurant with a large beer garden in front.

I met Isabel (Isi) during my trip last year to Alaska in Glacier National Park in Montana. She was in the midst of her American vacation traveling from Chicago to Seattle. There were also some young people from Australia in our camping area and we all got to know one another over some drinks and music. I've stayed in touch with her over the past 1+ year. She's a teacher near Stuttgart, teaching what we would think of as junior high and high school ages. One of her classes is English. She speaks it perfectly! She is well traveled, having visited the states 9 times in her young life already, 3 times last year alone. She has also traveled Europe extensively.

We decided to have a drink outside and get acquainted and reacquainted with each other. Jan found a new drink she likes. Unfortunately I can't spell the German word, but it's 1/2 beer and 1/2 lemonade. Isabel recommended it and it was very good. We asked her what she bought while shopping and she showed us. It was a German outfit called a dirndl. You've all seen them on the St. Pauli Girl. We're still trying to get Jan to buy one with Marilyn.

We ended up having a wonderful German dinner and a lot of excellent conversation. Isi is planning to drive to Munich and join us at our tent at the Oktoberfest Saturday. It should be a blast!

Advertisement



21st September 2010

Yum!
I think we call it a "Shandy" in English- was the German word Alster - short for Alsterwasser? I've heard people call it that, too, and i think it's German. Whatever it's called, it is pretty good!!
26th September 2010

Yum!
I finally saw a bottle. It's called Radler. The lemonade is acutally something like Sprite or 7 Up.
25th November 2010

Dinner
Terrific food and atmosphere ! I'd give it a 9 for circus. I noticed so many young German males wear scarves, even though temperatures hover in the 60s. At least they don't wear knit hats as well . They also feature a lot of over the shoulder ''man-bags''' , not that there is anything wrong with that. On the flip side, I have no complaints about the females featuring high boots over their fitted jeans , Im just saying.
25th November 2010

Dinner
Dan, how observant you are! I do wonder why you notice the men equally as much as the women. Hmmmm.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb