We are just plain crazy...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Freiburg
April 29th 2008
Published: April 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Oh Germany, let us count the ways...that we love you!

But before we get to Germany. We must first get through all of Switzerland (two and a half days), a half day in Geneva, the one and a half days in Paris and then we are in Germany. Yes, we know, we are crazy...

oh, wait and we went to Pisa...It was good, the tower is still leaning. The tourists are still flocking there and for some odd reason people actually pay 15 euro to go up the tower. We however, are not THAT SORT of crazy.

So...Switzerland was good, but we really cannot recommend going in the spring. We plan to return again one day in the summer for amazing hiking. It was mountainous and quite pretty. We however, needed to get out of the boredom and so we decided to hop a train to Paris (8 hours away). We ended up getting stuck in Geneva for five hours while waiting for a train, so we decided to site see (and in so doing making a two night trip there unnecessary). We saw the UN (where funny enough security was more lax than the Palace of Justice and the Louvre in Paris). We also saw the largest fountain in Europe and people watched on the riverside. It was nice and relaxing. We didn´t make it to Cern (for those who know what it is and for those who don´t I have a National Geographic with an article on it if you would like to read about it), but there is not a lot to see there. So that was Switzerland, not much, but we will return!

Paris was good. Better for Antonia a second time around because she had her sweetie with her. AWWW!! We did all the big things, Bastille square, Notre Dame (where Antonia actuallz climbed the stairs this time), Sainte-Chapelle, the Pantheon, Champs-Elysee, Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre. All of which except the Louvre we did in one day, and we only went to the Louvre because we could not get a train to Freiburg until later in the day. Do not worry we still need to hit Chartres and Versailles. We will be returning to Paris to take a night train to Spain!!! Because of our ability to see cities in few days, we will have seven-ish days to discover Spain and Gibralter. YAY, says Antonia!!

We cannot tell you how much we love the Black Forest and especially Freiburg!! We went on a hike today in the forest and it was awesome! We also did some exploring around town and pretty much just enjoyed ourselves. We definitely plan on returning another time (perhaps when we go to Switzerland). The food here is not only the best we have had since hitting Europe (while eating out), but it is inexpensive and the service is great! (Something we cannot say about Paris at all).

Ta ta for now...our next big jump is through Munich, up the Romantic Road, through the Rhine and Cologne to Berlin. Hope all is well wherever you may be. Loves!

Advertisement



29th April 2008

Germany
I can understand your passion for Germany. I too had an awesome time while there many moons ago! The Rhine is beautiful and Cologne is where the bones of the Three Wise Men are.....Very green and refreshing. Good to hear you're enjoying the trip thus far.
30th April 2008

thanks
Hi guys, thanks for continuing to post! I love hearing from you! Sounds like you are still having a great time! I'm so happy for you both! Katy

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb