Day 3 Rudesheim to Freiburg


Advertisement
Published: August 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Early morning stroll through the super village of Rudesheim- really lovely. Then, 10.53 ( precisely) local train to Frankfurt followed by the fast train to Freiburg in the Black Forest - home of the gateaux - we will be sampling the local delicacies so I expect my waistline to expand over the next few days. l’ve been to Freiburg before on a German exchange ( about 14 years old! ) so I had to take a pic of the station for sue - my partner in crime all those years ago!

In spite of this being a low-carbon holiday - we hired a car from freiburg (I know - what a cop out! - but we have to see the beautiful Swartzwald area and really no other way ?)

So having gone through the most forensic examination of the car by Eurocar - teeny tiny scratches recorded - we were off ! Heading to Basel (french side) to collect Sarah who decided to fly in and join us for the four days of the Black Forest ! By the time we got to the hotel all we could do was eat and drink - more local wine and schnitzel with noodle ( hooray!!)

Titisee tomorrow !


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb