Winter break


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Baden-Baden
March 12th 2005
Published: March 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

FreiburgFreiburgFreiburg

market by the church
So mom & dad got here Friday morning, and we made it back to Cambridge after lunch time since the train we were on was stopped for an hour because of a few snow flakes (the british deal with snow about as well as NC does). I gave them a brief tour of Cambridge in the snow before they came back and crashed. Saturday and Sunday we spent in London seeing all the big sights (Tower of London, Thames, Globe Theatre, Buckingham, Westminster, Parliment House, Big Ben, St Pauls, etc).
Monday morning we had an early flight into Frankfurt, and got to the train station to find out that the 5am National Rail train we were going to take to the airport was cancelled. We ended up taking a train towards London, past Stansted, and then catching a different train back up to the airport. We got into Frankfurt and took a bus into town, and then caught a train south to Freiburg. The train ride was so scenic though. We got to Freiburg and wandered around; its a typical small town (not too many people that speak English) and the one big thing we saw was a cathedral and the market surrounding it.
We spent Tuesday til lunch time in Freiburg, then took a train to Baden-Baden. It was a cute tourist town though - much more commercial than Freiburg, but not a lot to see, since the 2 main draws to town are a casino and spa.
Wednesday we walked around town one more time before heading to the airport early since there wasn't anything else to see & because lucky me had gotten sick. Then our flight out was late, which made us miss the last direct train to cambridge, so we headed towards london & then back out to cambridge and finally got back after 1.
Thursday was just a lazy day around Cambridge and packing, and then mom & dad headed out early Friday morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Baden-BadenBaden-Baden
Baden-Baden

view from the southern side of town
Baden-BadenBaden-Baden
Baden-Baden

park bridge
Baden-BadenBaden-Baden
Baden-Baden

the church next to our hotel


Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb