A familiar face


Advertisement
Europe » France
September 13th 2009
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097It's the last full day of the trip ... sigh ... but a good thing for me is that I'll be seeing a familiar face today in Paris - Naoual, who I met in Prague three years ago. It's always nice to see somebody you know while traveling even if it's at the very end of a trip, because the solo backpacker life can be a bit solitary, at times. It was interesting how t... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

tt
t

This must be an imitation Zara.
yy
y

The Pompidou Centre, a modern art museum famous for its unique architecture - all the plumbing and HVAC is visible on the outside of the structure.
zz
z

Off in the distance, Notre Dame.
zaza
za

Vandamme, Tri's favourite!
zbzb
zb

Naoual told me she moved back to this area for work reasons, and that she loved it because it was very "Parisian". I wondered exactly what that meant, because I saw a lot of adult shops and adult theatres ...
zczc
zc

... and also kebab joints, and Asian restaurants. But after some thought, this all made sense - a kebab is a one-handed food, and if you went to an adult theatre, you'd surely be hungry after, and would possibly only have one hand free ...
zdzd
zd

She later explained to me that it was very Parisian because there are no tourists here, except for me tonight! Neat little arts and crafts market.
zeze
ze

Galette Basquaise - Basque-style! Yet another sign from the Universe that I need to return to Spain ... chicken stewed in a tomato sauce, and served with melted cheese. Not bad, but a bit soggy on the bottom. This was accompanied by a bolee de cidre - cider, another specialty of Normandy. Good, better than the stuff I had in San Sebastian, which was an abomination.
zfzf
zf

Dessert crepe - I've forgotten the name of it, but Naoual recommended it as it was a very traditional one, filled with caramel and chantilly ... ooh ... so sweet, but so good!
ee
e

The last night in Paris :(



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb