Aix en Provence


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 15th 2017
Published: September 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast at the nearby restaurant we walked up the hill to Paul Cezanne’s studio, passing a number of interesting sites on the way including the old Roman Baths which have been turned into a modern spa, a memorial to the French Revolution and a garden with a number of statues in a very heroic style, and one of the few remaining pieces of the old town walls. It was quite a long and steep climb up to the studio but we did not go in as the next English speaking tour was not until 5 o’clock. We walked further up the hill to an area called le Terrain des Peintres as it has an excellent view of Mont Victoire which was a favourite subject of Cezanne and other painters. We thought there would be a restaurant nearby but there wasn’t, it was in a high class residential area so we went back to town by a different route, buying a snack on the way, and had a quiet dinner at the restaurant just across from the apartment.



We thought we were all set to get the bus to Nice the next day, having received a text to say the bus was leaving from a different place but referring to a different travel date and new tickets with both the old and new departure points on them. The consensus at the bus station and the Tourist Office was that the new place was correct – watch this space.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb