Hot time in the city


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 18th 2012
Published: July 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.6043, 1.44367

Deb and Guenther packed up and were on their way back to Barcelona via Andorra right after breakfast this morning. We hated to see them leave. It seemed like the ten days we had spent together had flown by too fast.
Our original plan for the day was to head back down to the Pyrenees to catch today's stage of the Tour de France. After seeing how crowded the course was the day before, combined with a weather forecast of temperatures in the 90s, we decided to hang out in Toulouse for the day and research a good place to catch Le Tour the following day.
We headed back downtown to the Carmes marketplace in Toulouse, an easy metro ride from our house in Les Minimes. We had lunch in a cafe we had seen on an earlier outing, Chez Jeannot has been serving seafood for five generations. We couldn't resist the fresh raw oysters (two premium varieties) and steamed mussels.
It was exceptionally hot in town, and was still quite warm when we got back in the afternoon. We used the rest of the afternoon and evening to catch up on laundry, photo editing and this blog.
Lunchtime entertainmentLunchtime entertainmentLunchtime entertainment

Lunchtime entertainment at Marche de Carmes

With a little research, we decided to head down to Labroquere, about an hour away, and 5 km off the toll road, to catch Stage 17 of the Tour de France. Seeing Le Tour has been something we've been looking forward to for a number of years, ever since an earlier visit to the French Alps.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb