France Day One


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
June 28th 2012
Published: July 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Dinner with our hosts Phil and BelindaDinner with our hosts Phil and BelindaDinner with our hosts Phil and Belinda

Dinner with our hosts Phil and Belinda
Geo: 43.6044, 1.44295

Paul, whose home we will be "sharing" in Toulouse met us at the airport just before noon to temperatures in the upper 90's. We did the full tour or his wonderful home, and unpacked luggage items we would not be taking with us on the road for the first part of our trip. Paul also gave us a short walking tour of the surrounding neighborhood so we could find some of the essentials like market, wine store, brasserie, etc.
The process of installing tank bag, luggage, and Hit Air vest connectors was more complicated than planned. After about an hour, we finally got the R1100RS all loaded, put on all the gear and headed out for Vielle Adour, our first night's stay in France as Paul watched us navigate the road construction on his street.
Although we had some Google maps to get us on our way, we quickly discovered that the main streets we were navigating did not have street name signs. Using the best of my dead reckoning skills, we managed to get thoroughly lost in Toulouse trying to get out of the city. Finally, with the assistance of a kind young man on a scooter, we got an escort out of the city and on to D632, our main travel road through the country.
We finally made it to our destination, the Pyrenees Motorcycle Tours B&B about 6:30, hot, tired and a few hours late. We were greeted at the courtyard of a wonderful old farmhouse/barn by our hosts Phil and Belinda and their golden retriever, Harry, of Pyrenees Motorcycle Tours. Other guests on hand included Mick from Manchester UK and Jeff from Limoges France, both on bikes as well. We enjoyed some wine out on the courtyard followed by a delicious dinner al fresco and too much wine with our new friends!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Our B&BOur B&B
Our B&B

Courtyard of our B&B


29th June 2012

Lovely!
29th June 2012

picture perfect! love the friend in the rafters!

Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb