French fare and hen do 2!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
March 26th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.6341, 0.0823395

Awake early with the light, the doze was most welcome and a French breakfast of pastries made me very happy! Erin eventually came around to thinking I wasn't the scariest person in the history of the universe (to be fair I had glasses on and unbrushed hair!!) and we had 2yr old take on tea for two- I do kinda wish I had a real sized version of her tea set... So pretty!!

Once all dressed we mobilised our army of 9.5 peoples to the farmers market in Sees, for which again I was very excited! The last French market I went to, I was in year 8 and our trusting teachers had given 4 girls a budget to buy lunch from said market... Other groups bought salads, fruits, cheeses, selection of breads and meats... We bought a huge choc gateaux and just abt afforded one baguette!! The market today was just as exciting with cheeses, meats and fresh fruit and vege paving the streets! So scrumptious! Alexis, having inside knowledge from having come to the farm for the last 16yrs took us to only the best! So much cheese in one bag!!

After a wonder around the cathedral, surprisingly huge for the size of the town, we headed back to blissful isolation to eat a bits and bobs lunch of scrumptious frenchness! Again so happy!!

The girls then banished the boys so that they could throw me my 'Beccles Family' Hen do!! We made lavender bags to relax, made s'mores, had a blazing fire for hrs, facials and face packs and a manicure! Such a lovely surprise, with such awesome ladies! In their banishment, the boys devoured their entire weekends beer rations, so Alexis being a kind soul took them for a beer run!

Our evening, after a family dinner saw us separate again, the girls retired to the fire in the sitting room, whilst the boys were glued to their cards. Us girls set the worlds to rights, dragged the boys away from their play to tidy up the kitchen and then bed time!

Yes today's blog focuses a lot on foods... But yes I am in France ! #what_diet??


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb