BLT Day #34: Part 3 of the grand adventure begins...


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 27th 2015
Published: June 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

When we arrived at our new home for a week, the Viking Neptune, we were again impressed by how simple embarkation is on these river cruises. Our taxi driver dropped us off less than 10 yards from the entrance to the ship and we were met by the Neptune's Program Director, Lionel. He greeted us warmly and asked if this was our first river cruise. When we told him we had just done the Viking Grand European cruise, he was thrilled to have "seasoned" cruisers but he warned us that this cruise would be very different. We told him we were equally excited about doing this one and he escorted us onto the ship. In less than 10 minutes we were standing in our cabin WITH BAGS!!! Amazing!

After a light lunch, they gave us a walking tour of the district around the ship, which was quite interesting. At the end of the tour, we stopped to have a glass of wine in a residential cafe. It was fascinating to watch the people walking by and to talk with some of the other guests of the cafe. One was an old man with an even older Grand Pyrenes dog. Bowen is finally realizing that the French, even Parisiens, can be friendly to Americans. We just need to be open to it.

Tonight, we had a lovely dinner in Restaurant 58 in the Eiffel Tower. It was a beautiful evening and we ended up sitting next to two very lovely sisters from Brazil. After a delicious meal and some fun conversation, we walked back to the ship. We got a glass of wine and watched the beautiful light show on the Eiffel Tower from the sun deck of the ship. It was spectacular!

We're docked here until tomorrow night, so we'll have an additional day to explore this beautiful city tomorrow before setting out for Normandy. So far, very good!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb