Olympe de Gouges


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
December 3rd 2013
Published: December 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

The philosopher I am doing for this travel blog is Olympe de Gouges. She is one of the many famous woman philosophers that have been known throughout the times of philosophy. The country in which she was born in was France. She was born in a city of Montauban. Montauban was built in the 12th century by the counts of Toulouse. The name, Montauban, comes from the Latin Mons Albanus. Montauban is mainly in the suburbs of France. This part of the country is basically known for its food processing. The people here are known for the dairy products they produce. However, it is also known for having this philosopher who contributed the society for the rights of women. Throughout her years of her carrier, she fought for women to have equal rights as men. She didn't think it was fair for women to be discriminated from what men could do. As a result, she decided to take a hold of this situation and wrote the Declaration of the Rights of Women and the Female Citizen. This declaration has impacted society in a very positive way. Now women throughout the world have the same rights as men. That is how Olympe de Gouges has impacted society till today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb