A2 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 12th 2013
Published: September 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

Website: http://about-france.com/political-system.htm

I studied France's political system today. I learned many things about the system that I thought a country like France wouldn't have. First off, I learned that France is a republic. France has a constitution and many branches to that of America's political system. France has one thing that is completely different from America however, this is called the 5th republic. This was established in 1958 and was created by the President of France at that time. Compared to democracies on the western side of the world, People in this branch like the president get more power in changes done to the country. Also, I learned that the terms for presidents are different. France's current president,Francois Hollande, is currently serving a 7 year term. Since this is a republic, the people in France elect there leaders.

I can see that France is a country that doesn't have one leader. It has a number of leader and different number of branches. It is just like America's democracy except for a few changes in it. France treats their people like they are apart of the country instead of having people in the country forced to do what some crazy dictator says.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb