BLOB 1 - The journey begins


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
June 18th 2013
Published: June 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ok so here goes. End of day one. We have crossed the Pyrennes from France into Spain. 31km with a 1200m climb. Took 10 hours and rained from the moment we left St Jeanne until we arrived in Romscevalles. Hotel amazing, refurbished 12th century monastery. Fantastic value at $100. 3 course dinner for $28.

A pilgrimage is an opportunity to reflect. Today I got no further than contemplating how the ALPA Conference was going in Wellington and planning my next moves in the garden so serious contemplation went to Fiona today. Her thought was inspired by spending the whole day in cloud and having no idea where we really were at any given time. Fiona thought that sometimes life is like that. Not really knowing where you are but if you just put one step in front of the other things will clear up in time - deep eh?

Very tired and time to eat and then bed - have a great story for you when we get the chance about our trip from Zurich to Biarritz - even with my time in flying this one tops them all. Hopefully this will keep you following our BLOB.

Mark and Fiona

Advertisement



19th June 2013

Love it! I cannot wait to hear even more stories in person when you get here! Love you guys. Prayers are with you.

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb