Planning The Trip - The Itinerary


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
April 24th 2005
Published: April 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Bob and I went up to Mom and Dad's a few weeks ago and spent numerous hours looking at places to rent. Our criteria was 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, not too many stairs and near or in a village.

Bob and I are flying United First Class Suite which is quite deluxe. http://www.unitedairlines.be/press/pressroom/2001/uk_0807.html
for free with our miles - finally. In order to get First Class though we had to fly first into London. We went to Expedia and checked the retail value of our flight and found that it was $30,000 each!!

Wed, Aug 31 2A, 2B 6523 PHX 1:36 pm LAX 2:54 pm
Wed, Aug 31 2E, 2F 934 LAX 5:50 pm LHR 12:15 pm


We decided to go straight through to Paris because we really just don't have the desire to go to London if we can see Paris again.

Bob and arrive in London on Thurs and then will probably take a flight to Paris.

We head to Charles de Gaulle airport, pick up our leased car and Mom and Dad on Saturday at 1 pm and then hop on the autoroute and speed down to Le Relais de Vouzeron which is about 3 hours or our half way mark.
http://www.relais-de-vouzeron.com/ A double room is 53 Euros and we have already told them we want to have dinner at the restaurant which means a very relaxing evening.

Sunday we will arrive at our first location in Dordogne in time to go to the weekly market in St Cyprien. We are renting a house with kitchen in the little hamlet of Pechboutier within walking distance to St Cyprien. Mom and Dad will have a separate room with bath all on one floor but share the house with Bob and I.

Le Chevrefeuille in Pechboutier http://www.lechevrefeuille.com/home.html

The following Saturday (Sept 10) we will travel to our luxurious accomodations in St Antonin Noble Val where the recent film Charlotte Gray was filmed. http://www.houseinstantonin.com/ The house is called Maison Si Bon and it overlooks the river and is IN the village.

Sat, Sept 17, Bob and I will head off on our own for a few days on the Riveria before heading back to Phoenix from Nice on Tuesday, Sept 20. It will be a long route back: Nice-London - spend the night - then the next day, London - LA - Phoenix. Whew - but at least it is First Class!








Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb