Lacanau Ocean France vs Brazil


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 1st 2006
Published: July 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Lacanau Ocean - World Cup Fever
France vs Brazil

born but grew up in the Gold Coast, Australia from the age of 2 - 18. Lawrence told us a lot if history about lacanau - one thing we learned was that 300 yrs ago the area was swamp land - much like the land that surrounds Mont St Michel. The King at the time decided that everyone should plant pine trees, apparently these trees can absorbing We thought we would treat ourselves by eating out and watch the France Vs Brazel Game. Heading towards the centre of town there was not a soul in sight! The only one person we saw was a kid on his bike with the French flag painted on his chest - probably rushing home to catch the start of the game.

We headed to L’Australien Bar - we were both craving steak and chips, (the first real cooked meal we had in a week) and secretly I hoping it was Australians that ran the bar. It would be nice to chat another Aussie - not that I don’t mind talking to GD but I think we both appreciated being able to talk to some else apart from each other.

At the bar we asked the guy in French if he spoke in English - his reply was priceless
“Yeah, we speak good English here - Mate!”

The atmosphere during the game was electric, and charged with such emotion, I had no idea what the French were yelling out but they certainly passionate about their football team! The place went absolutely nuts when they scored and the partying really began once they won the game. Horns beepings, people walking among the streets cheering.

We stopped to talk with Lawrence, his parents own the bar he was French as much as 250 litre of water a day! In doing so, the land has extended to what we know it today and the pine trees are a mjor source of income for small surrounding villages.

The walk back to our camp site, we stopped and chatted a few French people who taught us what to say in French to go for their team, I can just barely pronounce it so there is no way I’m going to be able to write it!

Anyway,if you are ever traveling in this part of France
GD GD GD

He wishes it was the quiksilver pro!
be sure to drop in see Lawrence at L’Australien bar, he is the friendliest bloke ever. A few other points while I think about them - when camping you need to buy and electric esky - they don’t sell ice. And the power outlet at the camping ground is not the standard European outlet - a trick for young players and we got sucked in by both!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



15th July 2006

GD's wishes
I am sure he wishes it was the Quicky pro, it would be awesome.... but has he had any waves?????

Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb