Walking tour


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
June 3rd 2012
Published: June 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today I joined a walking tour of the main sights of central Paris. Not the most ideal morning as it was rainy, windy and cool. However, all we ladies needed was the adddition of a hastily purchased umbrella and a french scarf! Our tour guide from Sandemans was called Adam, he was an enthusiastic young man with a major in French history and has a self-confessed obsession with the gory details of Parisian war and revolutions. We walked around 6 kilometers in 3 hours, taking in the major sights.

Finding the comtinous commentary a touch dull, we were all entertained by a French wedding party that involved several black expensive sports cars with assorted men in suits sitting on the window ledges of the cars they drove around the central area, complete with horns blaring. This went on until the police came in to move them on. The French certainly want the world to know about love!

Finishing the tour we had lunch together at a central cafe; quiche, salad and fries. Dalshing back to the hotel it was time to get changed and head off to the Moulin Rouge, to experience the infamous show girls, feathers, gorgeous bodies and wonderful dance routines. We were even treated to the girl in the fish tank routine (with the giant boas to accompany her as she writhed through the water). My dining companion was a fellow Aussie and we shared a toast to a wonderful night out in traditional Parisian style.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb