THE EIFFEL TOWER, PARIS, FRANCE


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
October 25th 2011
Published: October 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

FRANCE


Additional maps: Untitled

THE EIFFEL TOWER IN ALL ITS GLORYTHE EIFFEL TOWER IN ALL ITS GLORYTHE EIFFEL TOWER IN ALL ITS GLORY

This is THE TOWER of the world, known all over the world as a marque of Europe. The Eiffel Tower is amazing. It the symbol of elegance and grace. It was inaugurated on March 31, 1889. Eiffel tower, the icon of France was built in 1889 near the banks of River Seine on Champ de Mars.
On January 12, 2009, Robert and I boarded a transatlantic flight bound to Paris, France from San Francisco, California with American Airlines. The flight was 15 hours with a connecting flight to Dallas Forth Worth, Texas. We arrived in Paris at 5 a.m., and the first thing we looked for was the Eiffel Tower (French: Tour Eiffel) . Before we left San Francisco, I reserved a taxi for us so we can be picked up at the airport. When we got to Paris, the taxi was waiting for us and it whisked us away to our hotel. It was winter in Paris in January, so it was 30 degrees and freezing. I chose a hotel that was a walking distance to the Eiffel Tower that way, we can go there every day and night and marvel at its beauty. After we checked in, one of the first thing we did was go for a walk and headed towards the Eiffel Tower – the most famous Paris sights. From far away, the Eiffel Tower looked small, but as you get closer, it’s a humongous piece of steel! I noticed armed soldiers with rifles guarded the Eiffel Tower from possible terrorist attacks.
THE EIFFEL TOWERTHE EIFFEL TOWERTHE EIFFEL TOWER

Towering over the entire city of Paris is Tour Eiffel. A man-made steel structure more than a 100 years old, it is an awesome sight from the ground. And for a better appreciation, take the elevator to the top. It will give you a breathtaking view of the city. As you ascend, you see the whole city unfolding before your eyes. Amazing view awaits.

The Eiffel Tower is a sight to behold. There it is, tall and mighty, in all its glory. It was a feeling of validation that we are in Paris. The tower stands 324 metres (1,063 ft) tall, about the same height as an 81-story building.

Located on the river's edge toward the west end of the west bank, the Eiffel Tower sits at the end of the scenic Parc du Champ de Mars opposite the Palais de Chaillot across the river. From afar, the Eiffel Tower is a gorgeous site, particularly at night when it is lit up. Up close, the tower is a huge steel structure - so impressive. Not until you get to the base of it that you'll realize the enormity of it.

The Eiffel Tower, the landmark of Paris, was the concept of Gustave Eiffel who was also involved in the construction of the Statue of Liberty of New York. As we were getting closer to the Eiffel Tower, it gave us a feeling of validation and told ourselves, "Yes, we have arrived in Paris".

The structure was built in 1889 by Gustav Eiffel, as a commemorative exhibition celebrating the centenary of the
GOING UP THE EIFFEL TOWER BY THE LIFT GOING UP THE EIFFEL TOWER BY THE LIFT GOING UP THE EIFFEL TOWER BY THE LIFT

There are three different levels in the Eiffel tower. The first level, second level and the top level. You can also try to take the stairs to first and second. The experience going up the Eiffel tower is and experience to remember.
French Revolution. It’s an entrance arch for the World Fair for the World exposition in 1889. Until the Empire State Building in NY was finished in 1931, the Eiffel Tower was the highest building in the world. Now it's the symbol of Paris and the single most visited paid monument, attracting millions of visitors every year.

GOING UP THE EIFFEL TOWER. - A visit to Paris would not be complete without seeing Eiffel or going to the top of the Eiffel Tower or onto one of the three levels! It was our priority to go up no matter how long it'll take. We were lucky there were no lines to go up the Eiffel Tower. But even if it’s long, I wouldn’t hesitate to go up. The journey to the top of the Eiffel Tower is worth it and an experience you won’t forget. There are metal bars all the way around the top, just like at the Empire State Building in New York City. This is a once in a lifetime experience, so we took our time up there and enjoyed every moment.

Visiting one of the world's costliest city in the world is to not miss
TOP OF THE WORLD - THE EIFFEL TOWERTOP OF THE WORLD - THE EIFFEL TOWERTOP OF THE WORLD - THE EIFFEL TOWER

An unbelievable view on top of the Eiffel Tower. You have a birds eye view of the the city of Paris.
sightseeing the "Eiffel Tower" up close and see birds-eye view of Paris. It's worth considering that journeying to the top is one of those once-in-a-lifetime activity that many people only dream about but never get to experience. I was one of those dreamer until I arrived here. I went to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower, and I wouldn’t miss the opportunity to go on top of of the Eiffel tower for the world. Paris looks so much different from the top. If you're into photography, Paris is, in my opinion, is the place to be. It's like a historical film set: everywhere you look you see things that you've seen only in the movies or read about. I could spend the next 10 years photographing the place and only scratch the surface. Every inch has a history that goes back hundreds of years. I did take 3,000 pictures in Paris, and until now, 2 years later, I’m still looking at it and glad I took all the pictures I can.

The view from the top of the Eiffel Tower is breathtaking. You can see the whole city from the top. The structure is 1010 feet high and has
BREATHTAKING VIEW FROM THE TOP BREATHTAKING VIEW FROM THE TOP BREATHTAKING VIEW FROM THE TOP

There's no greater view of any city that can compare to this view! It's breathtaking and truly amazing.
1665 steps to the top. You’ll have aerobics exercises going on if you choose to walk the stairs. Lol. It’s cheaper to use the stairs, but I have a fear of heights, so walking up the stairs was NOT an option. It’s OK to pay dearly to use the elevator even though it’s crowded, and pickpocketers were warned. Going up to the second floor can be done either by elevator or by stairs, but going all the way to the top is only possible by elevator. Either way, it’s an experience to remember and an opportunity not to be missed in Paris. Some visitors believe it’s not worth spending the extra few Euros to go all the way up the tower. It is certainly worth it, the view is absolutely stunning. And, after all, you’ve spent hundreds of dollars getting to Paris, what's another four? I would feel bad if I went to Paris, saw the Eiffel tower, the icon of Paris, from afar and didn’t even go up. It’s like looking at a mouth-watering steak with all the trimmings and not eating it.

The Eiffel Tower has three levels, all of which are worth visiting as they give
THE BEST VIEW IN PARIS: THE TOP OF THE EIFFEL TOWERTHE BEST VIEW IN PARIS: THE TOP OF THE EIFFEL TOWERTHE BEST VIEW IN PARIS: THE TOP OF THE EIFFEL TOWER

A visit to Paris would not be complete without seeing Eiffel or going up onto one of the three levels!
different views and different perspectives on Paris. The Top level is much higher than the other two levels and can only be reached by lift. The first floor has a restaurant, post office, information about the tower, etc., the second level at 115 meters has a viewing area and the famous Jules Verne Restaurant - and the third level at 276 meters has another viewing area. No visit to Paris would be complete without climbing up the heights for a bird's eye view of Montmartre and Sacre Couer, the Arc du Triomphe and Champs Elysees, Invalides, Champs du Mars below, Palais du Chaillot and not to mention the view of Trocadéro fountains when the fountain are in full force.

The view from the top is breathtaking – it’s a 360°view of Paris. To the North & West Side is the Seine River, The statue of the Liberty! Yes - there is one in Paris. Again, I didn't know there's a Statue of Liberty in Paris. I've never read about it. If I didn't come to Paris, I wouldn't have known. The size is only 1/3 of the original. It was given to the French people in 1889 by the
THE EIFFEL TOWER FLICKERS AT NIGHTTHE EIFFEL TOWER FLICKERS AT NIGHTTHE EIFFEL TOWER FLICKERS AT NIGHT

After dark, an amazing light show takes place on the hour every evening. The entire tower would sparkle for minutes with staggering light bulbs flickingering and lights up the entire tower. It's quite a show, and on the top of the tower is a rotating light that can be seen up to 50 miles away.
American community in Paris in return to the main one. Then there’s Trocadero & La Defense. To the South and East is Louvre, Invalides, Notre Dame, Montparnasse Tower and of course the Champs de Mars. On a clear day, you can see all of Paris. At night, the skyline is brightened with hundreds of thousands of lights. It lights up the city of Paris. No wonder they called it Paris, the city of lights.

The Eiffel Tower at night is one of the greatest sights in Paris and a sight to see. It’s the reason why we went to Paris. After seeing a replica of the Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas, Nevada, I vowed to see the real deal in person someday. 2 years later, we made it into reality. And now, here we are, in Paris, and not only did we see it, but we made it to the top of the mighty Eiffel Tower, looking down on the city of Paris. What a magnificent sight! It was a dream come true.

After dark, the entire tower would sparkle for minutes every hour with 20,000 staggering light bulbs, and more than 350 spotlights illuminate the laticework. On top of the tower is a rotating light that can be seen up to 50 miles away. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I think you can't find anything more beautiful than that. We'd sit there and watch in awe every night and marvel at this magnificent sight. Paris is truly a city of light and romance. The Eiffel Tower at Night is one of the most beautiful attractions in the city and shines a golden color visible to most in Paris.

Every night we’d walk to the Eiffel Tower to sit and marvel at it. You'll see people on the grass having a picnic and admiring the sparkling tower. Soaring into the sky, the tower was even bigger than I thought it would be. Pictures do not do justice. The whole tower sparkles with 336 light projectors and 20,000 sparkling strobe lights. We came to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower, so we had a field day taking hundreds of pictures of it. Every night after a day of sightseeing, we'd walk to the Eiffel tower to hang out and watch the Eiffel tower at night sparkle. The first ten minutes of every hour, the tower
EIFFEL TOWEREIFFEL TOWEREIFFEL TOWER

The Eiffel tower at night lights up the whole city. No wonder it's called The City of Lights!
sparkles with a light show. It looks like millions of tiny diamonds dancing all over it. It's impossible to truly capture it in a photograph - it must be experienced with your own eyes! I was thinking that gee, if I didn't see this in person, I didn't know it sparkled like this. I've never read about it nor seen it on TV. Sometimes, you just have to see things for yourself.

The Eiffel Tower serves as a symbol of the beauty of Paris. The Eiffel Tower is also one of the world's most visited tourist attractions in the world with over six million visitors annually. An iconic structure recognizable the world over and visible from anywhere in Paris, THE EIFFEL TOWER is absolutely breathtaking!




Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 27


Advertisement

A SIGHT TO BEHOLD AT NIGHTA SIGHT TO BEHOLD AT NIGHT
A SIGHT TO BEHOLD AT NIGHT

At night the tower is a site to see. Every hour on the hour, 20,000 flash bulbs give the tower a sparkly appearance. The whole tower lights up and is amazing to see from a distance and up close. It's magical.
EIFFEL TOWER LIGHTS UP AT NIGHT EIFFEL TOWER LIGHTS UP AT NIGHT
EIFFEL TOWER LIGHTS UP AT NIGHT

We loved the sparkling Eiffel Tower (each night for the first 10 minutes of each hour starting at 7pm and going until 2am). It's magical. Thousands of lights glitter on it making it look like dream.
THE EIFFEL TOWER AT NIGHTTHE EIFFEL TOWER AT NIGHT
THE EIFFEL TOWER AT NIGHT

At nightfall, 336 projectors illuminate the Eiffel Tower bathing the structure in gold. And the beacon on the top sends out two light beams visible for 50 miles.
THE EIFFEL TOWERTHE EIFFEL TOWER
THE EIFFEL TOWER

One of the greatest aspects of the Eiffel Tower are the views of the Eiffel Tower. It was more impressive and even larger in person than I had imagined. Up close, it is quite an imposing structure.
EIFFEL TOWER  EIFFEL TOWER
EIFFEL TOWER

The Eiffel Tower is a giant, so impressive with its four massive feet. It was a great moment to stand there and to get overwhelmed by its highness! It is worth the climb to the top for a birds-eye-view of this beautiful historically-rich city.
THE SYMBOL OF PARISTHE SYMBOL OF PARIS
THE SYMBOL OF PARIS

A visit to Paris is not complete without a visit to the Eiffel Tower, Paris' most famous landmark which is visible fro m various places across the city. Not to be missed also is the chance to go up the Eiffel Tower.
TOP OF THE EIFFEL TOWERTOP OF THE EIFFEL TOWER
TOP OF THE EIFFEL TOWER

ON TOP OF THE ICON OF PARIS.


28th October 2011

Nice blog :)
Welcome to TravelBlog Rossana. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.
31st October 2011

Thanks Nick.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb