Strasbourg France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
October 14th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Strasbourg France has a most incredible cathedral with a mechanized clock that has the 4 stages of man illustrated on the quarter hour. Young man, twenty-something, old guy, then he meets the skeleton (Halloween or death).
We are parked nearby on the German side near a bridge where 9 members of the Resistance were shot by the SS. It's a memorial park now. Jeff and Butto rode bicycles to it and then to the pub nearby for a beer to celebrate Butto's win of this leg of the Butto Bowl. Honey's doing laundry, I am blogging! Laundry will greet me soon enough at home.
Tomorrow's an all day Alsace Lorraine wine trail. We will toast our sweet Lorraines.
A river cruise is very different from a seagoing one. The ship is smaller, the informality appeals, everyone does multi-tasking. The accordionist for example also plays fiddle and piano. We are not the youngest passengers but close enough!
The food is good, the employees professional and kind, many Eastern Europeans. I am learning a little Romanian to go with my Bulgarian phrases. BlagoDarryOh.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb