Apt and around


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
October 12th 2009
Published: October 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

12 October 2009

We had intended to move on but we were so impressed with the beauty of the countryside and villages in the Luberon we decided to stay another day.

In the morning we had a walk around Apt which turned out to be a very attractive market town with an interesting Cathedral. It being Monday most of the shops were closed but we were able to purchase some of the sweets which are a local speciality.

At the start of the afternoon we visited another village, Saignon, which was probably the prettiest we have been to around here. It had a very attractive central square and a rock pillar from the top of which we got magnificent 360 degree views.

We then moved on to Fort de Buoux, an abandoned ancient hilltop fortified village with huge cliffs all around it. Although you pay to get in, it was quite a challenging walk to see everything in this impressive location. There was absolutely no health and safety provision but plenty of notices that it was a dangerous place!

We had an excellent evening meal back in Apt and it turnout that the restaurant owner had lived in Chatel and Chapelle for six years.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb