Montijny and Fountainbleau


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 4th 2009
Published: August 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

First few days in France. Montijny, Fountainbleau, and Paris!




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Mimi's houseMimi's house
Mimi's house

This is the house that belonged to Aurelien's great-grandfather. His grandmother, his mother, and he himself grew up in this house. It is now not being used since his grandmother passed away but we were luckily able to use it on this trip.
chateau de fountainbleauchateau de fountainbleau
chateau de fountainbleau

This is the castle of the city of Fountainbleau built in the 15th century. The gardens are vast and beautiful and best of all free!
chateau de fountainbleauchateau de fountainbleau
chateau de fountainbleau

It started to rain just as we were leaving Fountainbleau and just as we drove past the castle we saw the most beautiful rainbow.
on the way to Parison the way to Paris
on the way to Paris

We almost missed out train and started running towards the train station. We got a lift from local man and as soon as we hopped in the back he said, "you're Brigitte's on right?". He remembered Aurelien from when he was kid and he grew up with his mother. We got to train station just in time. Paris here we come...
ParisParis
Paris

We finally got to Paris and started to walk around until we got stuck in the rain. Here we were with a bunch of other people stuck under a gazebo waiting for the storm to stop.
Sacred heartSacred heart
Sacred heart

Climbing up the stairs to a beautiful old Church you can see all of Paris.
Sacred heartSacred heart
Sacred heart

Just before shabbat we took a walk to this church called Sacred Heart to get the best view of the city of Paris. It was gorgeous!
LouvreLouvre
Louvre

The Louvre at night...magnifique
On the water in ParisOn the water in Paris
On the water in Paris

here you can see the Eiffel Tower lit up and city at night.
lunch at the Eiffel towerlunch at the Eiffel tower
lunch at the Eiffel tower

We had a picnic of bread, wine, cheese, fresh veggies, and fruit. Yum.
Aurelien and EmelienAurelien and Emelien
Aurelien and Emelien

We met up with Aurelien's best friend in France, Emelien. We had some drinks and a great time. Here they are on a bridge in Paris.
Hostel in ParisHostel in Paris
Hostel in Paris

This is the lobby of the hostel where we stayed in Paris called Woodstock Hostel. I highly recommend it.


5th August 2009

I love you!!!!
I can't wait for you to get to TA. See you tomorrow!!!!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb