Ile Sainte Marguerite and Cassis


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
April 7th 2008
Published: April 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A couple weeks ago, my school offered excursions to both Ile St. Marguerite and to Cassis. Ile St. Marguerite is an island right off the coast of Cannes. We took a ferry that only took about twenty minutes so it's really close. The island has a maritime museum where we learned about the history of the region. It was also a prison for a time and the man in the iron mask was imprisoned there! No one knows the true identity of that man but there have been many guesses and there is even a movie about him. After the museum, we walked around the island for awhile which was really pretty. It was a short day trip but nice to get to know the region a little better!
The next Saturday the school offered an excursion to Cassis, a town north of Marseille. It was really windy that day so when we went to get on the bus we weren't sure if the trip would be cancelled because the main part of the trip was seeing the Calanques on a boat. The Calanques are really pretty cliffs off the coast, I guess the highest cliff in Europe is there too! So we ended up going and the town was really cute! We went on our boat ride and the water was really rough! I'm sure my dad would have hated it! We were at the front of the boat for awhile and that was awful because we would get the worst of the waves, i was starting to feel sick so my friend and i went to the back and felt much better. The Calanques are beautiful though. We took as many pictures as we could. After the boat ride I was still feeling a little iffy but I made it ok!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb