Giverny - Monet's House & Garden


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 29th 2007
Published: November 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Monet's GardenMonet's GardenMonet's Garden

One of the good things about being on holidays is having time to stop and smell the roses.
After a few days of war stuff at Normandy it was time for a change of scenery, time to stop and smell the roses. So we headed for Giverny, home of Claude Monet´s house and garden made famous in his "Water-lillies" series of paintings. The house was a little disappointing as there was none of Monet's artwork, just his collection of other artists works, but the garden was every bit as pretty as his paintings and we took lots and lots of photos. It is easy to see where he got his inspiration from and why he loved this place so much. It must be even better in Spring when all of the flowers would be at their best. ("I'm not sure what all of the fuss is about - it's just a garden of flowers" - Guy).

According to the lady at the nearby Cafe, Sharon Stone had been there the week before so Guy was more interested in hearing that than seeing the gardens and was disappointed to have missed her.

We spent the night at a small town called Vernon, a few kilometres from Giverny, and the next morning we drove to nearby Beauvais airport for our flight to Barcelona.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb