The most luxurious places to play blackjack in the world


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
February 1st 2024
Published: February 1st 2024
Edit Blog Post

It’s believed that Blackjack originated in France at some point in the 16th century as ‘Vingt-et-un’ (21). This theory is given some weight by its mention in Cervantes’s classic Don Quixote, though in practice it’s likely the game is thousands of years old.

The premise of the game is simple enough, all you have to do is beat the dealer by drawing a hand that is higher than theirs. But if you or the dealer's hand value exceeds 21, the relative party will lose.

You can also win by drawing a hand value of 21 on your first two cards when the dealer does not. Of course, the same rule applies to the dealer, so Blackjack is a great game for two players.

But don’t be fooled by its relative simplicity. When the stakes are high this deceptively simple game can turn into a thrilling match of stamina, luck and even skill.

Unsurprisingly, then, that blackjack games are only surpassed by poker and roulette when we think of a traditional casino. With this in mind, blackjack deserves to be enjoyed in auspicious surroundings, and this is where we come in.

Sure, you can enjoy playing blackjack online or in any seaside casino resort, anywhere in the world. But to get the very best out of this classic game, you’re going to need somewhere special to play.

Casino de Monte Carlo – Monaco

You can’t think of luxury casinos without thinking of Casino de Monte Carlo. But don’t be fooled by its reputation, Casino de Monte Carlo is surprisingly accessible.

You’ll need to be over 18 with a photo ID and, of course, smartly dressed. That means, at least, a shirt and chinos -no shorts, flip flops or trainers- and after 8pm, a jacket is required.

You don’t need to be a high roller either, betting amounts range from a minimum of €5 to €3,000. However, in private gaming rooms, the minimum goes up to €10 and the maximum bet is as high as you want.

For fans of blackjack who want a taste of luxury but without feeling the need to re-mortgage the house, Casino de Monte Carlo is a safe bet.

The Kurhaus of Baden-Baden – Germany



We’re upping the stakes at Germany’s Kurhaus of Baden-Baden, so good they named it twice. You’ll need to be over 21, though and you’ll need ID to enter, preferably a passport.

There’s not much flexibility with the dress code either. Men are expected to wear a shirt, tie and jacket, though if you rock up without one, you can hire items for a mere €8.

Once inside, you’ll not only be greeted by an opulent neoclassical interior but all the classic casino games including, of course, blackjack. But there is more to Kurhaus of Baden Baden than meets the eye.

It even comes with its own private spa. The Caracalla boasts a host of beauty treatments in addition to steam rooms and saunas.

So, once you’re done beating the dealer, feel free to relax and unwind, before getting stuck back into it.

The MGM Grand Las Vegas

It’s almost impossible to disassociate Las Vegas from casinos. And, to be honest, we could have filled the entire page with luxury casinos in Las Vegas.

But we’ve settled on the Grand because of its sheer size and the table section that features a variety of blackjack-style games. You’ll need to be 18 plus and smartly dressed, but once inside there is enough entertainment outside of the blackjack to keep you going for weeks.

The venue boasts boxing matches, music concerts, adult-only gaming rooms and even a permanent residency by the Cirque du Soleil, if you please. And that’s not taking into consideration its huge variety of eateries and bars… well, they don’t call it Sin City for nothing!

Marina Bay Sands -Singapore



Asia has its fair share of luxury casinos too. Choosing one wasn’t going to be easy, but we finally settled on the Marina Bay Sands casino in Singapore.

One of its main attractions is that it’s virtually brand new. Built in 2010, the Marina Bay Sands casino is already an icon -I mean just look at it- and it was, until recently, the most expensive casino ever built.

It’s massive too, there are 500 tables, with more than a few for blackjack, spread over four levels -and like the MGM Grand numerous non-casino-related features. And they’re building a fourth tower in 2028 as well!

We can’t finish off by not tipping a nod to Maxims in London. This could be the most luxurious on the page, but it’s a member-only club…

…Therein lies a case in point. The most luxurious places to play blackjack in the world are probably so exclusive that no one outside of a privileged few has even heard of them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb