Day 25 of our 'virtual 'bike ride. Beaune to Buxy 23.7 miles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
March 9th 2021
Published: March 9th 2021
Edit Blog Post

A very different route today. One that Paul used to do, sometimes, in the winter as an evening ride when he was working. From Clitheroe through Pendleton, Wiswell and Whalley out to Langho. Through to Whilpshire and round the ring road to Rishton and onto Great Harwood where Paul had a puncture. Then it was home via Whalley and Barrow. Quite a decent morning, weatherwise.

A lady stopped us in Langho because she had seen our high viz jackets have Clitheroe to Lourdes printed on them and she thought we were cycling for HCPT. We explained what we were doing and she gave us some sponsor money. Very kind.

Our virtual journey would be south out of Beaune and joining the 'Voie Verte' (cycle path), at Givry. A day of gentle undulations through the Chalonais countryside. We are now passing through the Cote de Beaune vine-yards.

In 2009 we caught the European Bike Bus from Wetherby to Beaune. This is a coach with a trailer that carries numerous bikes. (See photo). We got on it about 8.00 am in Wetherby and arrived in Beaune about midnight. Then it was a short nights sleep before setting off the morning after. On that trip we went down the Saone, then the Rhone to Orange and then did a loop of the Luberons in Provence. We got back on the Bike Bus two weeks later at Orange and arrived back in Wetherby 24 hours later.

Buxy is an attractive village surrounded by gently undulating countryside and ancient woodland, Chardoney vine-yards and golden wheat fields. Buxy grew up on the site of an medieval hospital and the church bell dates from 1515.



Photos show Paul passing through Givry on route. 2011

Eating breakfast outside before setting off. 2009

Two views taken on route. 2009

The Bike Bus and it's trailer. 2009
ReplyForward


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb