St Malo to Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 10th 2019
Published: September 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today's breakfast was definitely different. I had requested 'gluten free bread for one' on the booking form. Our table was set for two with two baskets of chocolate covered rice cakes. Luckily an attendant came and Paul could explain it was just 'sans gluten' for one so she brought him a basket with a baguette and croissants in. There was a basket with butter and jams in, a choice of cornflakes or chocolate cornflakes, orange juice and hot drinks. So not much variety. Eating chocolate for breakfast seemed very odd.

Next we had a wander round town which was much busier than last night and the market was on. We found a supermarket and bought a few bits and had a coffee sat outside in the sunshine. The rest of the day was a mixture of wandering around town, eating a sandwich sat on a park bench and resting in the hotel room reading and doing puzzles. Paul checked the bikes over and oiled the chains ready for the next few days cycling.

Went out to dine tonight and ended up in the same Chinese restaurant but are different dishes. To be honest it was either there, the Pizzeria or another hotel that only did set menus. The food was good again, cheap and another free pen! Got back to find an email saying our hotel tomorrow night is over booked and Bookin.com has found us alternative accommodation. Not too pleased about it but we don't have any choice really. At least the new accomodation seems to be very central to the town which is an asset.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0823s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb