Return to Languedoc


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 9th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.3186, 3.14277

After 'wretched' Wednesday, we were glad to be on our way out of the Camargue yesterday morning following a further battle with the mozzies. Which is a pity because some of our experiences were positive ones, such as the buildings of Arles, flamingoes, camp entertainment.

By 8.30am, we were heading for the motorway yet again taking us in a westerly direction towards Languedoc - an area we had visited a few years ago - but this time we were making for a small place called Colombiers, just outside Beziers. At around 11.00, we pulled in at Camping Les Peupliers and shortly afterwards set about pitching, then after lunch got stuck into the chores. The caravan was in desperate need of a good 'bottoming' as they say, so out went the mats for a good beating to get rid of the sand, grit and other debris, the bed was stripped, a load of washing taken to the laundry room, surfaces scrubbed and cleaned.

With the washing out to dry, Internet connection established and lunch eaten, we took the ten-minute stroll into the village for a look around and to seek out a possible restaurant for dinner one evening which we had noticed on Trip Advisor. Colombiers is not a huge place, with the Canal du Midi running through it, which swells the number of visitors using its shops and services, but quite pleasant all the same.

Omelettes and stewed peaches for dinner, followed by a lengthy Skype with Louise and Olley which was good as we haven't had a connection like this for a long while. It is so good that we have been able to stream radio and listen to our first broadcast in English since we left home! It felt a little strange listening to the Jeremy Vine Show and Steve Wright.

The temperature here has been decidedly cooler than we have experienced of late, with the added bonus of a gentle occasional breeze, which makes for a more comfortable night's sleep, not to mention keeping the insect life at bay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb