Update from the Camargue


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 4th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

BiotBiotBiot

Which way now?
Geo: 43.744, 4.79509

Friday - on our last full day at La Vielle Ferme, Villeneuve Loubet Plage we returned to Biot, just ten minutes from the site for lunch at Auberge du Vieux Village which came highly recommended by Trip Advisor. They are famed for pancakes, pizza and omelettes, not to mention a mixture. So we ordered omelettes, David with one which included tapenade, and myself a ham and cheese. Both were delicious and accompanied by salad. Dessert was pancakes and delicious! His with marmalade and cream, mine with straightforward high intensity lemon 'Mentonais'. Simple but so yummy.

After a trip into Nice to fill up with fuel, and a stop off at the supermarket, we headed 'home'.

Saturday, we left the site at 8.00am and arrived at La Bienheureuse, near Arles, and our base for the next five nights.

The site is owned and managed by a British couple Suzanne and David. Compared to the last two stops, this one is positively rural so a good chance of bike rides as the roads are quiet and flat.

Today we are at Les-Baux-de-Provence where there is a unique audio visual display within a former quarry and nearby a picturesque village with impressive castle.

Hope to see Arles and the Camargue before moving on to Beziers on Thursday. Meanwhile it is bottle bingo tonight so Suzanne informs me so that should be interesting!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb