Rouen


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Rouen
May 29th 2008
Published: May 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

RouenRouenRouen

Cathedral towers overlooking the Seine
The sun finally came out yesterday, first time since I got into Rouen. The weather is nice, high 60's, but it has been raining a lot. Our lab flooded yesterday, some pump broke and water came in from the ceiling, it was a big mess. I went shopping for the first time the other day, there is a place like wal mart that is close. A baguette costs 0.32 euro and I bought a bottle of wine for 1.08! (Mom, you could save like 20 dollars a week here!) They have entire aisle for cheese only and then another aisle for yogurt and pudding. You can buy assorted samples of cheese, I got six pieces, about 20 to 30 grams each (1 oz) for less than 2 euro. When the cheese smells rotten, then you know it's ready to be eaten! It stinks up the fridge though, and you have take the trash out a lot, otherwise the entire room smells.

Our rooms are ok, fairly new. They are about a 15 minute walk from campus though. I have a little kitchenette with a stove and fridge, bathroom and shower, then a bed and desk and closet.

Going to Paris this weekend. Museums are free on the first sunday of the month, but the French open is this week and next, so they will probably be very busy. It might rain too. 8 of us are going, so it should be fun. That's about it for now, I better return to the life of Brian, sit here and drink coffee all day.

Advertisement



29th May 2008

Room
How many people live in your liittle apartment/dorm room?
30th May 2008

just me, they are all singles

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb