a Sunday in Le Havre


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Le Havre
November 8th 2010
Published: November 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wet Sundays in Le Havre are very quiet. We are the only people in the hotel today. A market set up below on Sunday morning so we had a look around that. Had to tell myself that I cannot buy kitchenware - it is too heavy and I know that I will be bringing back quite a few books, already having accumulated a few (gifts and purchases).
It rained most of the day. We had a walk around the market and then had an excellent goulash soup for lunch. We walked to the tourist bureau after lunch which is opposite the waterfront and then went to an exhibitiion of maritime paintings and ephemera by Roger Chapelet. This was a lovely exhibition and a talk was given on the technique of gouache - the medium favoured by Chapelet.
It hailed after we got back and then we braved the cold to seek dinner, not an easy task on a cold Sunday night, we would have done better to take a tray in our room.
Now it is Monday morning and I am about to start the Host Bookshop phase of the stage in earnest. I plan to spend the morning in Bandes Dessinees and the afternoon in Essais/Beaux Livres.

Advertisement



8th November 2010

Good Luck
Hi Andree, Good luck for your first day..Enjoy - All is well here so far!! Michelle :)

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb