World Cities Tour 2014 Summer Edition - Day 15


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Giverny
July 1st 2014
Published: July 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 15 - Art Appreciation

We planned a less ambitious day today. Northern France was the home of Claude Monet, the leader of the Impressionist Art Movement. His home and gardens in Giverny were turned into a museum open for public tours in the 1970s. Monet painted some of his most recognizable works while living there, including Waterlilies. We were able to walk through his home and see reproductions of the many works he painted while living there. We were also able to see the lily pond where he painted many famous works. Anne really enjoyed the visit. She took many pictures of the flowers, landscapes, and Tony and Michelle. Tony took many pictures of Anne taking pictures. We had lunch at the restaurant across from the museum with some French dishes. Afterwards we headed back to the resort for swimming, dinner, some Skype with family, and the next World Cup game, USA vs. Belgium. According to Tony it was an exciting game that went into overtime. Unfortunately the US team lost but they played well. Tomorrow we head to Bayeaux and the D-Day Sites before our next stop, Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

We found some!We found some!
We found some!

we finally found a place the has Iced Tea on the menu. Travel Hamster approves.
My Bubbles!My Bubbles!
My Bubbles!

Michelle found a place to have some fun in Giverny.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb