London to Paris Day 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Dieppe
June 3rd 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Up this morning, starving hungry despite having two big plates of curry last night, so breakfast is porridge and as much toast as I can eat, then back on to the bikes and down to the ferry.



They load the bikes on first so off we went up to the bar to grab some tables for the rest of the group for the next 4 hours. The crossing was fairly boring really but by midday I was starving again so down to the restaurant for lasagne and chips.



Once the ferry docked we were straight off through Dieppe; with all the other groups of cyclists on the ferry it must have looked like the Tour de France. Our route took us up the Avenue Vert. This was a lovely cycle path laid along a disused railway line but it was a long slow climb all the way to Forges Les Eaux and, as it was getting late in the day and we had dinner booked, we had to press on which is harder o the legs but another 38 miles completed.



One of the support crew had taken the van to the hypermarket and loaded up with beer and wine so we were greeted at the hotel with cold beers, and even though it was lager it tasted wonderful.



We rounded the day off with a steak dinner and a few glasses of wine – lovely.



The stats



· 38 miles



· 3 hours in the saddle



· 2000 calories



· no falls



Injuries



· Elbow still hurts



· Arse hurts more



· Still dehydrated



· Feet still hurt



· Legs still don’t hurt (err how much longer will this last?)



Long day tomorrow: 68 miles


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 22; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb