We've made it!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Val-d'Isère
December 10th 2006
Published: December 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys,
Well we have finally made it here in one piece after our epic journey. Let's begin with that shall we...

After a few days at home chilling out we had managed to cram all of our wordly goods into our rather rammed bags and off we went on the train from Warrington to London, well sort of.
Typically it happened to be the day of the tornadoes etc so the power cables for the trains went down when we were only 5 min away from MK. We sat there for an hour, then reversed back to Rugby where everyone was walking around on the platform aimlessly. We were eventually told to go even further north to Nuneaton where we were supposedly meant to get a train to Leicester and then change for London. So what did they do? They sent a tiny 2 carriage train for the thousand of us standing on the platform and no amount of barging people out of the way with our luggage was going to get us onto that train.
We rang Silverski a little bit panicked by this point and they told us to hire a car. So off we went into town to find a hire place where we were assured it would be here in ten minutes although that seemed to take an hour. Finally, we got in this cute little KA and sped off to Dover for the next few hrs at rush hour on the M25.

The original plan had been to have dinner with my bruv up at Canterbury Uni but that was never going to happen. We ended up meeting him for a rushed 5 min if that at a service station near Canterbury to say a quick goodbye and open some crimbo pressies in the boot of his car.

We finally arrived at Dover ahead of the coaches, dropped the car off,which Wilcox had expertly maneovered down to the port, and awaited our transport after 10 joyous hours on the go.We did the whole start of Uni thing with the same conversation with everyone on the coach,which does grate after the second time of doing so!We sailed at 2.15 in the morning after waiting hours in the carpark and then enjoyed a 12 hour coach trip across France with some of the more random films I've come across-for the record,'In her Shoes' is crap!
We were picked up by one of our fellow chalet workers aka. Monsieur Rigalo,who drove at approximately 32 mph all the way to Val-admittedly he was new to driving the mini bus which i'm going to have to get to grips with at some point-god help my passengers.

The Chalet........
Finally arrived at the Chalet Fri afternoon tired, smelly and slightly grumpy.Our rooms resemble a hobbit warren,where you have to crawl through a small hole in the wall to reach them.The bathroom is brilliant,brilliantly crap that is-i have never had to slide myself into a bath with only a ft between that and the roof before.

Dinner was lasagne which one of the people in La Plagne had kindly made for us-unfortunately,the lingering smell of oven cleaner from the previous season was all we could taste,resulting in Sarah being up all night feeling as rough as a badger's arse.

The last 2 days have been a mixture of manically cleaning all of the rooms and toilets-yum, and drinking beer. We stumbled out to some of the more famous bars last night such as Dicks T bar and found that 'I am a seasonaire' is the best phrase to have around here so instead of paying 8 euros for a pint it's half price-wooohoo! Our pocket money earnings will go so far.

Righty ho, we are off now to attempt to cook a leg of lamb-yuck!
xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



15th December 2006

How exciting!
Yey! So glad you guys finally made it! Got so much stuff and roughness to look forward to! Hope you enjoy every second! I've just got back from an epic motorbike adventure to the Burmese border to extend visas with a guy I met in Koh lanta. Never enjoyed four days more in my life! So exciting! I'm am now a fully fledged biker chick. Gonna do my test when I get back and everything! Didn't go down too well with the parents but hey ho, made it back safely!! Keep us up to date with all the seasonaire shennanigans! Love Vic xx
15th December 2006

Journey
Oh, what a journey!!!!!!! Let's hope the cooking goes better..... Hobbiton isn't going to do Angus' posture much good! At least there's some snow in the pictures. Do you have to ski to get out of there? Don't O.D. on the seasonnaire's rates for booze!!!!!!!!! Hope skiing goes well. xxx

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb