Day 18


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
June 5th 2015
Published: June 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Barcelona we were back on the high speed train for a five hour trip to Lyon.

It was a single level train this time and our first class carriage welcomed us with plush leather seats, three across the train and a movie in French with Spanish subtitles. LOL

Walked thru to see the common folk and they were four wide with cloth seats. I was quick to retreat back to the oasis of our carriage with the smell of fresh crossaints luring me back.

Arriving at Lyon and we are dissapointed with most things, coming off the Barcelona high.

Our room is not as good, (gone from 5 star to supposedly a 4 star), it's bloody hot with no sea breeze (33-34degrees) and first impressions are there is not a lot happening here aside from a few old churches and buildings.

We knew this would happen on this trip as you become accustomed to the highs and keep looking for more at each destination.

A quick walk down to the centre of town to the info centre and still struggling as we find less English speaking in these more remote places.

There is a big town square and a huge old church on the hill.

We also note there are two rivers flowing through the city and may catch a river cruise later on.

Way too hot and sweaty for walking around, we head home.

Interesting to find electric buses hooking onto overhead lines as do our trams, they must charge up because some are not hooked up and some are.

We will hold our judgement until we get a good look around on hire bikes tomorrow.

Predicted 34 degrees,but will be a bit more prepared.( I will be the one with sunblock on)


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb