Skiing Val Thorens


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
April 1st 2006
Published: May 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Views We Had to Put up With!The Views We Had to Put up With!The Views We Had to Put up With!

Bern about to tackle another run on the board.
Skiing in Val Thorens, France (1st-8th April, 2006)

Bern, Elizabeth, Cath (physio from Manchester) and I had a great week of skiing around Val Thorens and Corcheivel in the French Alps. The snow was brilliant and there was a massive dump while we were there. Had great views of Mont Blanc on a clear day.

I was glad to have had a few french lessons over the past few months as there is definitely an expectation to try and speak French. My little French book was also close at hand!!

There were many new foods and beverages to sample including escargots (snails) - not a whole lot of meat but a lot of garlic and butter. The fun part was trying to use the implements to extract the snails from their shells! Definitely edible! My mum will be sampling them next year when she comes over so she can let you what she thinks!!! Vin Chaud (hot spicy red wine) was also very popular at the end of a hard day of skiing! We also had our fair share of Raclette (see picture) and Fromage fondue (cheese fondue)!

I only got taken out once on the slopes
What A Lovely Lunch Spot!!What A Lovely Lunch Spot!!What A Lovely Lunch Spot!!

Cath, Elizabeth and Bern enjoying the sun. Check out the topless guys to our left!
and of course it was by a snowboarder out of control! He took me out from behind and snapped one of my stocks! For those who ski you'll know that stocks can't easily be snapped!

It was such fantastic weather over the week that I ended up with the worst panda/racoon eyes you've ever seen! Even the air hostess on the flight home was laughing at me!




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Lots of Powder and Sensational Views!Lots of Powder and Sensational Views!
Lots of Powder and Sensational Views!

Bern and Elizabeth on their boards.
RacletteRaclette
Raclette

A massive chunk of cheese being slowly melted by a heat lamp and served with lots of different vegies.
Mont Blanc (4807m)Mont Blanc (4807m)
Mont Blanc (4807m)

Mont Blanc in the distance.
Where to Now?!Where to Now?!
Where to Now?!

Elizabeth and Cath studying the map.
Mountain Bus Without Wheels!Mountain Bus Without Wheels!
Mountain Bus Without Wheels!

This 'bus' would have held almost 100 people taking us up to one of the highest runs at approximately 3000m.


10th June 2006

Hi louise looks like great fun Brianan wants to come over and see the snow with Aunty louise, we havn't had any snow fall over here as yet their saying in the next few weeks. All is well in the Bush the kids keeping us busy. Had trouble with the snail tongs I see, It"s better to pick the suckers up and slurp the middle out. LOve ya heeps Kez

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb