oh let's face it... noone reads these titles anyway.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
April 10th 2006
Published: April 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mist in the mountainsMist in the mountainsMist in the mountains

Last night, the mountains were peaking through the mist (large photo)
Well,

last night was great!

We watcheed some Lemonny Snickets in french with a very shy Mathilde - who is very beautiful... Clair has two very gorgeous kids! the little crazy one toddled off to bed early (after giving everyone 2 kisses on the cheek) and we all ate cheese fondue. delicious! Raphael was the only one to drop his bread, but we didn't make him run naked around the house as it was raining.

We then went to bed, and man... do they have thick curtains! I slept right through until nearly 9! the cheese gave us all wacked out dreams though, so we woke up all exhausted!

Mathilde and Raphael had left for work/school already, so we hung out with Justine (she did lots of art in my travel diary!)

then, after raining all morning, quite steadily, it started SNOWING!!! it was gorgeous, big, clean, crisp snow - better then i have ever seen! by the time we left for Grenoble the ground was covered!

We drove with Clair to Raphael's work (Decathlon) and Kristy found this gorgeous snow jacket, warm and to stop the wind. and the price - only 14 euro!!
Snow!Snow!Snow!

Raphael's home in the snow (large photo)
thats like $20! for a jacket that would have cost like $300 in Australia!

we had lunch at 'flunch' kind of like sizzler but oh so confusing! Good mashed potatoes.

Clair then dropped us off at the Grenoble train station and we had to say goodbye to her and little Justine... we all enjoyed staying with them so much, we will have to go back.

Note... For all of you who are wondering who Daniel is (Peter - that's you) Daniel is Kristy's best childhood friend (they were once betrothed, untill Kristy turned into a gay) he is studying in Sydney in Law/International Studies, and as part of his course he has to study for one year in a foreign country - and he chose Lyon in France.

He has also complained that all the pics on our blog have not portrayed his true hotness, so I'll have to lift my game!

Okay, then the train trip home was way too eventful. Badly eventful. Firstly we landed up on the wrong train, and only noticed that we were on the fast train nonstop to Paris - very far away from lyon - after they had
Fluffy snowFluffy snowFluffy snow

Susan in the snow (large photo)
locked the doors (we had to press the red button AND pull the red lever and everything - it was terrifying!) but Daniel helped us out, he was great and he got us off the train and on to the right one. Yet another situation that we would have been screwed if we didn't have him. But it was crazy for a minute there - Kristy said that it was like we on the Amazing Race!

But all was not well, during all the craziness, somehow Daniel's bag came undone, and his washbag fell out, which had his glasses, contacts, lots of important stuff. so now he has the battle of getting money from his insurers.

anyone who wishes to donate to the 'daniel needs new european glasses' fund, contact us.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

JustineJustine
Justine

So gourgeous! (large photo)
driving in a spring wonderlanddriving in a spring wonderland
driving in a spring wonderland

crazy town! (large photo)


11th April 2006

WE read the titles1
Tough about Daniel's stuff:( Thank goodness you had your knight in shining armour with you!
11th April 2006

bonjour!
Great to have a read of your travels. I'm very jealous. Please give Raphael a big kiss for me - or at the very least a wet worm in his ear. Please eat some Foie gras and brie (or camembert will do) for me - and a couple of jambon et fromage baguettes (sometimes being pregnant is really boring). Anyway, take care of each other, keep the photos and blogs coming, and catch you soon. Lorinda

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb