Toulouse and Lyon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
December 3rd 2009
Published: April 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This was a short trip from Zurich to Toulouse and back, but instead of changing four planes (no direct flights to Toulouse), we decided to enjoy a somewhat longer, but very picturesque train ride. And we did enjoy it so much, that I forgot to take any pictures of many beautiful Swiss lakes we saw on our way, such as the Geneva lake, or sunny Montpellier, where we stopped for an hour to soak up the sun. We spent a couple of warm December days in Toulouse, or "the pink city" how they call it due to many "pink" buildings, which in my opinion are more of a light terracotta colour. On our way back to Zurich, we decided to spend a day in Lyon, and it was a great decision, since we both fell in love with this city. Maybe it's because we started with an amazing dinner at Brasserie Georges, after which we strolled through the vast squares enjoying the night, exploring the streets nicely decorated for the winter holidays. Or maybe it's more than that, since the next morning we went to the Notre-Dame de Fourviere basilica on a hill with a spectacular view of the entire city and rivers Rhone and Saone, and at that moment we knew we would love to come back here again, some day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Toulouse_riverToulouse_river
Toulouse_river

river Garonne
Lyon_Brasserie GeorgesLyon_Brasserie Georges
Lyon_Brasserie Georges

I had to try, I know some will criticize me, but foie gras is delicious
Lyon_mmmmLyon_mmmm
Lyon_mmmm

I've tried this before, and I like it a lot, but this steak tartare was really amazing!
Lyon_dessertLyon_dessert
Lyon_dessert

what else than creme brulee ... I just had to try it in France, and I was right - it is heaven!
Lyon_viewLyon_view
Lyon_view

view from the hill Fourviere
Lyon_town hallLyon_town hall
Lyon_town hall

dating from early 17th century


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb