Day 16 - Beajoulais


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Belleville
July 5th 2016
Published: July 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Floated from 0600. Nice way to wake up. Arrived at Belleville. Not much around the port but we have 3 hours before our arranged trip so let's do a walk. They have a local market day which turns out to be really good. To get to the centre of town we have to walk along the major road into Belleville. Very busy and the footpaths are very narrow. Lots of close semis and cars but we survive, even crossing over the A6 motorway under us.

Market is good, standard stuff, clothes, shoes, wallets and watches along with the butcher and deli people and then the fromergeries. Gee they know how to do cheeses here.

Back for lunch, feeling a bit hungry as breakfast was slow after our rich dinner last night. Then off to the Beaujolais region for another wine tour. Bugger. Vines on hills, wineries dotted here and there, damn.....

Into our designated chateaux for wine appreciation then tastings. Our tour guide is really well versed in wine and explains in simple terminology. As we find oit later, she picked the grapes as a student many years ago... Then we go down into the cellars and taste. Nice but not jumping out at us. Must be getting fussy....

Back to the ship and time tI me to get ready for our special chefs table dinner. Another degustation our the back. We get settled (our new 6 besties) and begin. Bloody hot here as at the blunt end of the ship with no real aircon. Food is presented spectacularly and most of it tastes good as well. We finish dinner and head out to the deck for baileys and ice or whatever.....

I change back into shorts and feel much more comfortable now. Mosses eventually send us inside and the group disperses, except for us. We sit and finish our drinks then get up to leave and enter discUs signs with our batman, the head chef and others. at least half an hour later we head off to bed. Fun discussions with these guys about all sorts of things just starting to relax and we are getting to the end of our tour maybe lucky as these guys could party I reckon........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.578s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1892s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb