So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodnight


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy
January 2nd 2011
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I had a nice start to the morning. So the others could sleep in without Mykenzie’s loud voice penetrating their dreams, I took her and Edyn for a run in the playground. Then we went for a coffee and chocolat chaud (hot chocolate) and by the time we got home everyone was slowly stirring. James and Sonia joined us for a great breakfast cooked by the newly weds of croissants, scrambled eggs, baguettes and coffee. We bid a sad farewell to them and then we scrambled madly to get packed, hoping we hadn’t left anything. Before we knew it, it was our turn to say goodbye to Rors, Mel and Naryth. So with promises to see them soon, off we headed with the newly weds for Annecy, our next stop.

It’s not a very inspiring drive from Moutiers at the foot of Les 3 Vallees to Annecy but it certainly is worth the effort. Annecy is one of the prettiest cities I have been to. It started off superbly, with a crew of hungry travellers spotting the desired pizzeria. This little restaurant was perfectly located on one of the canals. We knew it was a great place when we walked inside. Not only was the place packed to the rafters, the smell of garlic and woodfired pizzas emanating was enough to get even the toughest critic salivating! We weren’t disappointed and after a great meal of pizza and salad we wandered back to the car. We didn’t want to hurry because at last, it was time for us to say goodbye to Alana and Brettski. We had been together from the start in Paris and now we had to leave them. It really was sad and once we had left them we felt a little empty and unenthusiastic!

We found our little hotel without any effort. The Hotel du Chateau was aptly named because it sits at the base of the chateau. It’s a beautiful little B&B overlooking the rooftops of Annecy. Once unpacked, we ventured out to find some dinner. As beautiful as Annecy is, I’m ashamed to say that we had dinner at a chain pasta restaurant, in a shopping complex no less. And again I feel I should offer an excuse...it was late, the girl’s were hungry, it was quick, it offered a kids menu and they had wine! Man, how the standards drop when travelling with kids!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb