Antoine and the Hidden Lagoon


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

ANTOINE AND THE HIDDEN LAGOON

Yes, this sounds like the title of a Hardy Boys Book, we know. Antoine is a frenchman (and a friend of Brian Cotlove, a friend from Portland and our host in Provence) who has lived in Provence for the past 26 years and apparently knows the region like the back of his hand. He was our guide on our first of several road trips in Provence, and it was an amazing start. East of Aix is a Provencal region named The Var. The parts of The Var that we saw were gorgeous, teeming with vineyards, wineries, and small towns. All of which were slowly baking in the Provencale sun. The end point of our road trip was a small river equipped with several waterfalls and swimming holes, which, to our surprise, just as easily could have been found in central america or the caribbean. After a great picnic (Melon, strawberries, duck pate, tomato/basil salad, potato/herbes-of-provence salad, and several stinky cheeses) and some swimming in a truly unbelievable hidden water hole, we had some drinks in the shade of a cafe in the tiny town of Sillans de Cascade. It was great. Unforgettable. Here are some of the pictures. More entries soon to follow. Erin and I are falling in love with France.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd July 2007

this is it...
....the place that so far piques my interest...I can do without fish guts, spiders, dirty walls - give me vineyards, Fransiscan sun and hidden waterfalls anyday!!!
24th July 2007

I want him...
for Christmas.

Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb