Do you know the way to Saint-Tropez


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Do you know the way to Saint-Tropez?

Robert and Kathy set out to go to Saint Tropez, the land of yachts and beautiful rich people. The first day, we realized that we had missed the ferry and decided to head back to Cannes, where we had a wonderful time and spend time on the beach.

The next day, we set our alarm. At 8:30 a.m., we were at the train station and had purchased our tickets to Dijon and Paris. We were on the train to St. Raphael at 9:30 a.m. Upon our arrival, we had to wait until the 11:30 ferry. Kathy ran inside McD's to get breakfast. Fifteen minutes later, we were running to the ferry and were the last 2 people on - who knew the ferry would leave 20 minutes early?

Once in St. Tropez, our faithful guide books told us to take a bus from Place des Lices to the beach. We walked a few miles, never seeing a bus. We went back to the marina, and asked for some assistance from the office of tourism - we got the number to a taxi cab company. Kathy went into the Chamber of Commerce, where she was given a list of taxi cab companies' numbers. The nice girl, who spoke no English, called at least 5 of the companies -no taxis to St. Tropez. We finally found a bus information station, where we were informed that the bus would leave at 2:30, one hour away. We futzed around for awhile and finally, got on the bus to St. Tropez. Nine minutes later, the bus stopped in the middle of nowhere- it looked like the middle of a cane field! Robert and Kathy got off with about 5 other people and walked about 1 mile down the road until we reached the beach, at 3:00 p.m. We immediately settled into the first spot we could find that served drinks and just chilled for a few hours.


We set out on this journey because we were told that St. Tropez had the most beautiful white sand beached in all of the south of France. Well, the water is pretty but the sand is nowhere near as white as Florida and it is kind of gravelly. Granted, there is some nudity involved but usually by AARP members, and we are talking total nudity!!!! Scary when you have to look at it.

While having something to eat, we asked about the bus and were told that its passage was "iffy" at best. The restaurant called us a cab. 30 euros later, we were back in the town of St. Tropez looking at the yachts. We caught the ferry at 8:00 p.m., a bumpy ride at best. Once at the train station, we found the train back to Nice was delayed. We finally got home at about 10:45 p.m.
The moral of this story - don't go to St. Tropez unless by yacht or by helicopter.


Advertisement



31st July 2008

nekked aarp
I've never seen a nekked AARP. Wait, at what age are you allowed to join the AARP?????

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb