Dinner Guests, Petanque & Jet-skiing


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday we had guests over for dinner - Sebastien and Ludoviv - brothers from the HB polo team. Earlier that day Virginie and I had made lists of everything we would need to purchase at the store in order to make dinner. I was to pick up the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, cheese and bread and Virginie & Caro would pick up the chicken, chips and dessert.

After watching the polo games at the club, everyone rushed home and began preparing for the boys' arrival. It was quite exciting and hectic with everyone rushing around trying to get ready. Virginie and I worked on the apple crumble for dessert while Caroline and Andre (Virginie's father) prepared the tomatoes and cheese for the appetizer. As it turned out, the boys were a bit late because their polo meeting had run a bit longer than expected and they had had some trouble finding our street.

Dinner was very enjoyable with everyone laughing, eating and having a good time. The boys seemed to enjoy themselves, joking and goofing around - we even got a picture at the end of the night.

The following evening Virginie's parents, Virginie and Caroline taught me how to play petanque - a favorite game among the French. The game involves two teams of two each with each person having their own set of three stone balls. The first player takes the marker rubber ball and throws it - marking the place that each player must then try to get their stone balls to. The player with the balls closest to the marker earns points for her team. A player can also knock the opposite team's balls out of the way to keep them from scoring points. It sounds easy but it actually involves some skill - although I did surprisingly well considering I had never played before.

The next afternoon Virginie, Caroline, Virginie's parents and I had lunch at the Italian place close to our house (with the amazing bread loaves) and then went water-skiing after. Virginie's parents tried to take pictures of me and Caroline on the jet-ski but apparently had some difficulties - hence only the one picture from before we got on the skies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



30th July 2008

Petanque
Sounds sort of strange, but it can be played in a back yard, etc., huh? New skill! How did the jet ski riding go? Is it exciting? Love the pictures. I love you, Grandma

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb