Now I Get Fries and Mayonnaise


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I had never got the idea of putting mayonnaise on hot chips, it was always tomato sauce, but after getting some fries from the main square in Brugge with the different kind of mayonnaise to what we have in Australia it makes sense. Pretty tasty.

My few days in Brugge were pretty good. Got there late-ish and didnt see much the first night despite the sun being up until 10:30pm, ran into some Aussies in the main square and chatted to them for a while then went back to the hostel and crashed out.

Jumped on a canal cruise the next morning with some people from the hostel. NOT the one the hostel talked about where the guys make up not-quite-true-but-funny stories about different things in town, instead it some old guy when struggled to tell the same things in Flemish, French, German and English. I understood more from his German than from his English.

From there climbed up the Belfry tower for a view over town, and we were up there when the bells went off for 1pm. Took some stupid pics in front of the chocolate shop (you will see later) and did plenty more wandering around town, checking out various things and having a few waffles and shit.

Quiz night back at the hostel and although our team lost it was pretty entertaining still. Headed out afterwards with people from the hostel... wasnt playing too much attention to where, but I was pretty drunk by the end lol. Finished up having fries at the main square... first act of random violence when a young guy that had been trying to do tricks on his bike but falling off ran up and whacked a local in the nose then took off.

Was lucky when I got back to the hostel because I hadnt found out the new code to get in for the day and as I started guessing the baker turned up with the bread for breakfast and let me in lol.

Bit hungover the next day. Went for a walk around parts of town I hadnt seen like where the windmills are, but didnt feel up to doing the brewery tour lol. Had a short kip in the afternoon and hung around the hostel in the night chatting with other people.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.026s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb