Close Encounters of the Ranga Kind


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
June 13th 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cologne to Brugge


Checked out of the hostel and put my stuff into storage at the station then went for a look at the cathedral. It is a big and spectacular building but it isnt decorated that impressively. Of course I had to climb to the top lol.

Starting chatting with an English girl and Japanese girl while up there, the English girl was gorgeous 😊 Had a drink with them and will hopefully catch up with the English girl at the end of my trip.

Train journey to Brugge was a bit... strange. First train to Aachen was 15 mins late (in Germany !?!?!), then the next train was a World War 2 relic with a foot pedal toilet still!! And the people on it were the freakiest I have seen on this trip. Seemed everyone had something wrong with them... blind, cripple, wheelchair, arm missing, red hair, retarded. Where the hell was I?

A mum and her (10 year old?) boy sat opposite me. He is banging a can of Coke on the table like its something he has just learnt to do. She opens a huge lunchbox and gives the kid a sandwich and gets one for herself, opens both cans of drink. The kid cant eat without putting out a shower of crumbs and peanut butter on one side of his face.

It wasnt until I looked into his eyes that I could really see he was a few spanners short of a Sidchrome toolkit. Combine that with the red hair and I was expecting him to go on a rampage and start biting people at any moment. I was a little afraid for my health, dont need to catch gingivitis.

Then Mum knocks over her can of drink in the lunchbox and makes the remaining sandwich all soggy. Now retard boy decides that looks tasty so picks it up in his other hand and alternates between biting from the dry sandwich in his right hand and putting out crumbs and peanut butter on the right side of his face, and biting from the wet one in his left hand and putting Coke dribbling down his chin and something else not quite peanut butter on the right side of his face. And Mum doesnt nothing, shes a bit funny in the head too.

And the whole time retard boy cant stop swinging his legs and kicking me under the table. Was very happy when that ride ended lol.

Stopped over in Brussels to see the Grand Square, which looked like some pretty cool old buildings, and Mannekin Pis, the fountain of the little boy pissing. Overrated. Sums up Belgium so far lol. Brussels didnt do anything for me at all, the place seems like a bit of dump, so was glad to get on the IC to Brugge for a 3 night stop....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb