Ramateulle and Gassin by scooter


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Excellent trip out today. We love visiting medieval villages and getting around by scooter is the very best form of travel, especially on a lovely sunny day. We can go where we want, stop when we want and also, pretty well park where we want.
We scootered from the campsite, past La Croix Valmer and up and up the winding road, behind the St Tropez peninsula, to Ramatuelle. This is a lovely, well-restored medieval village with narrow streets and the lovely faded pastel coloured buildings so characteristic of this area.
To add to the charm, and just for fun said the tourist information lady, there were scarecrows ‘hanging’ about all over the place. These were dressed up, some comically, some prettily and made excellent focal points for photos. Lunch today was quiche and mille-feuille from the boulangerie and then we moved further round the peninsula, still very high up, towards Gassin. We stopped part way there, at Les Moulin des Paillas, by a restored windmill, to admire the view which was right down to the sea several miles away, viewed through vineyards. This was a lovely spot as there were flowers growing everywhere and lots of pretty butterflies flitting between them.
We found Gassin to be totally charming and prettier than Ramatuelle, maybe as it was quieter being lunch time. The beauty of the village lay particularily in its fantastic location with views to a large area of coastline. Everywhere there were flowers and it was all very pretty indeed.
We rode back to the campsite and headed straight for a swim and read in the sun at the campsite pool which have to admit is exceedingly nice. Our sunburn of two days ago is now easing though we stayed well covered up when we were in the hilltop villages as weather really has changed to proper hot summer now. Here on the Cote D’Azur it has anyway, though it seems most of France is still getting a lot of rain.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb