The Art Of Getting Lost


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
July 27th 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

pinkypinkypinky

what a beautiful pink building, all the buildings here are colourful.
The sleeper train wasn't so sleepy, i was freezing through the most of it.
Little Lauras feet even had the goose bumps!

Nice is an exciting town with a different looking street everywhere you turn. We spent the day walking around finding our selves amongst tiny streets that tower over you in all sorts of different colours.
Stunning!

We decided that it would be a good idea to look at the museum of modern art, which is situated at the end of this long garden in the centre of the city. We saw Cristo (the guy that wraps things up), Warhol, Ives Klein and lots of other stunning pieces of art that satisfyed our eyes. At the top of the museum is a balcony where you can see the whole of Nice, beautiful indeed.

We walked around the winedy streets and found a place to buy the independent (2 weeks without once thinking about the rest of the world is a bit strange)
I love the food in the countries we have been in so far much better than England, i love the small restaurants and cafes that let you sit and talk for hours until early hours
small streetssmall streetssmall streets

these little streets packed with shops were pretty fun to walk down
of the morning.
I love it that the fruit is bloomin' massive, everything is prepared or right in front of your eyes. There is a huge selection of fast food that is actually good for you and made of all sorts of things (today we had breaded aubergine and a courgette omlette thingy)
The ice cream is just... too good. Tirimasu, flan, pecan!
The super markets are not massive chains, theres just variety here and everyone wants to help and have a chat.

I can safely say i love travelling. I think it goes for Laura aswell! A new city everyday that surprises you. People have done so much and learnt so much, they have amazing stories that are just so interesting. Its good to see other points of view, to improve and alter your own ideas, i think. If you want a life that your sure of and opinions you know you can prove its good to experience things first.

Thats enough blabbing for today, i will be back tomorrow with plenty of photos, check out the prvious journals i added loads of photos to them!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



28th July 2006

Vive la fenetra!
Love the photos! That sound of the breaded aubergine made me feel hungry! Take care Love Dad G xxx
28th July 2006

Love the photos
Love all the new photos. Nice sounds very nice. Sorry had to be done. Love you
28th July 2006

Jealous
Seeing your photos makes us feel dead jealous and wish we were there. Just a bit more beautiful than south woodham ha ha. Take care both of you XXXX Where to next?

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb