Rainy in Nice!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
July 7th 2006
Published: July 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

well today was mostly just a travel day; from cinque terre to nice, which included a lot of train switches and waiting around in different train stations... not too hot today; actually a little overcast, but okay because it sucks travelling in the heat and sun...anyway, i dont really know the last time i wrote, but cinque terre was absolutely beautiful...we went on the 12 k walk through all five towns which took us about 5 hours..we stopped in the fourth town for foccacia bread (for which the area is famous, as well as pesto, which we had for dinner)...it was a rather treacherous walk considering we were warned not to start it late in the day because of the heat and we started at noon..haha oh well...it provided exceptionally beautiful views and vineyards and constant ocean views made the trip well worth the hard work...when we got to the fifth town we took a dip in the ocean and did a little bit of "cliff" diving; it might have been about 10 feet but it was scary!! after we saw lots of kids doing it, we figured it was safe...especially because they were laughing at us for being scared...

oh yea, we also got to see italy win their semi game against germany and france win against portugal..we'll be in barcelona or san sebastian for the final game, which im glad because i dont want to be in either country for the final... anyway, we just hung out at the beach, it was rainy when we left our hostel; which is really nice, but it wasnt after we got out of dinner (kabob)...i think tomorrow im going to nimes to see the port du gard, then meeting back with the group in barcelona the next day...everything is going great, i am having a lot of fun not having a strict schedule/itinerary, because i dont have to worry about getting to a specific place by a specific date...i for sure am going to interlaken in switzerland to do some extreme sports!! anyway, thats about it for now, i might write tomorrow because besides the pont du gard i doubt ill be having a very busy day. i miss you guys a lot, and wish you all could share these memories with me here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb