Finally Millau


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
February 3rd 2011
Published: February 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Next morning, a few hours behind, want to get to Millau still. Louie prints us some maps, the road straight up (the one I planned yerterday) was narrow and treacherous, so we decide to head across to Beziers and go via the highway. All good, we get to the viaduct around 12, drive over, park, take snaps, have a coffee in Millau right next to the Mecure! Then head under the other side, sit and have lunch parked underneath it - baguettes donated by Louie and some jamon and montachego cheese left over from our La Boquera markets visit the day before. Now Nice, not bad navigation except we miss the Nimes turnoff and spend an hour getting through Montpelier, its now going to be dark by the time we get there. Finding the hotel is not easy and after a few laps and the obligatory detour into some out of the way narrow side streets, get go back to the start and Jules heads into the Ibis to ask for directions whilst I park in some dodgy lot. Instructions are good and we find the Roosevelt hotel but no where nearby to park in the narrow streets. Decide to send Jules in and I find a park a bit away, but it turns out that's near where we need to park under another hotel anyway, so we are cool. Check in, check out Nice. Stroll along the Masenna, find a bar for the standard, me a beer, her champagne, and being winter, not much open, but eventually we find a place, La Broche, a place specialising in Broches! Me the mixed seafood, her the lamb, bottle of nice red and finish with the now obligatory cognac nightcap. Wander the streets for some window shopping and retire to bed, back on track!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.391s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb