Riviera 2010, Cote d'Azur


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
March 18th 2010
Published: March 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday March 12th, 2010
Fly out from Ottawa to Frankfurt
Saturday March 13th, 2010
Transfer to Cannes, lovely view of the snowy Alps
Arrive a 10 am, tired, lovely spring weather
Bus 98 from the airport to Promenade des Anglais, riverfront Cannes, walk to the Westminster, 5th floor, our home for 2 days, balcony on the sea, nosy with waves and cars
We had a 3 hour nap and went to walk the Promenade, I went up town to buy rose wine- made from Grenache grapes, some Salade Niçoise and onion bread which tasted like fish, everything here does!
Early to bed
Sunday March 14th, Nice
I enjoy the Hop On, Hop Off bus, so that was the plan for today, but the French are running the Paris- Nice 10 day bicycle race and all the streets are blocked. Terry and I walked the Promenade des Anglais up and down for a while and gave up finding the bus. We walked through the throngs of bike, riders and people, watched the start of the race and ended up at the flower and vegetable market, lovely. Walked to the main train station to a publicized cafeteria eatery, Flunch for our first meal out, Terry was disappointed, then we walked home, a little sore. Last night in Nice, tomorrow to the hills.
Monday March 15th, Happy Birthday Daniel
Up for coffee pick up at McDonalds, 2.60€
We stopped at the market on the way to the gare routiere- bus terminal; they were selling brocante which is like Value Village but more expensive, saw nothing I wanted. We hopped a bus to Eze Village, we saw the lovely towns between sea and mountains and moved into our second home, Eze Vista overlooking a medieval mountain top medieval village and of course the Mediterranee.
We checked in and went touring, first the medieval town, then the Jardin Exotic- cactus and down fron Col Moyen to the sea, a switch back trail from town to the sea, we are much sorer today then yesterday; but lovely vistas.
Tuesday March 16th, Monaco
Bus to Eze sur Mar, bus to Menton( through Monaco), aiming for the train to Ventemeglia and San Remo for the market, we missed the train and bussed back to Monaco. Like Hongkong, with lots more money.
We stopped for a lunch of their pizza, a beer and a water 20€, then entered the Monte Carlo Casino, lost 5 €, used the bathroom and bussed back to Eze; home by 5 for home dinner of cheese, tomatoes and pate.
Wednesday March 17th Happy S t-Patrice
Rode the bus to Antibes, visited the port and the market, ate sardines in lemon and pieuvre in garlic, another lovely day.
Bus to Cannes and we arrived in the middle of a conference of 100 00 black suits, real estate agents. No hotel to be had; we walked and walked to rent a car and drove to the hills behind Cannes to Gourdon and Grasse.
Thursday, March 18th
Another bright sunny day, we drove the hills ad switchbacks, down to St-Tropez. Now having lunch at McD’s for the free Internet
Pictures upon our return
Love to all


Advertisement



19th March 2010

Sounds like a good trip!
Sounds like you guys are having a great trip. Thanks for sharing!

Tot: 0.366s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb