Nice (not so nice)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
June 9th 2009
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got into Nice about 17:30 and headed down to the Hotel Acanthe to drop our stuff off then headed down to an Irish pub for dinner and trvia with the Busabout crew. Had a great night, the meals came on these massive plates that barely fit on the tiny little tables (there were a couple of plates to go flying before the night was out). Had a couple of hours of Happy Hour which made the drinks somewhat affordable (4.50 euro for a Long Island Iced Tea which Bek found out she liked). We had a crack at the Trivia although didnt win anything (our table came in 7th or 8th place, out of 25 we didnt think it was too bad).

After the Irish Pub we went to a bar called Waynes Bar where everyone jumps up on the bench tables to dance. Had a couple drinks there with the more eager of the Bus about crew until some fat chick fell down two flights of stairs coming from the bathroom and smashed her face on just about every stair on the way down. She just lifted her face up off the floor, spat a whole bunch of blood (and probably teeth on the floor) then layed her head back down in it all. After seeing that we decided to call it quits for the night and feck off.

Found out off one of the guys from the Bus that he got rolled at the ATM on his way to his hotel, so that put a bit of a downer on the experience of Nice, parts of it were pretty crappy but most of it was pretty good.

Going to do the St Tropez Cruise tomorrow and possibly go to Monaco the next day.

John

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb