Nice is nice, but Eze is E-Z


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
January 21st 2006
Published: February 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Socca!Socca!Socca!

Crepe-like things that have a heady, peppery taste.
So I was pretty early today- first one there actually. Hooray for me. Anywho, the first stop on our excursion was Nice. I went around this seaside city with Molly and Bridget. We spent a good amount of time in the market, looking at the food, spices and assorted wonders. We bought socca- a kind of crepe from Mme Theresa (famous apparently) and ate it while looking further. It was great. Then we bought a pizza and ate that. Finally it was dessert time and I bought us all some canolis with different fillings, two orange cakes called canneles and a croissant Neapolitan with chocolate filling for myself. I told ya- I love chocolate.


We took our treats up to the park atop this rock outcropping, from which you can look over the whole coastline of Nice. We ate the treats on a park bench. After the park, we walked along a shopping district farther from the sea and bought Italian gelato at a café- I had raspberry and mango flavor. Yummy!

We met back at the bus and went to the Musee Matisse, up on a hill overlooking the city, close to where the old roman settlement
The Famous Nice BeachThe Famous Nice BeachThe Famous Nice Beach

This shot is taken from the stairs leading up to the Chateau park.
was. I didn’t know much about Matisse, but he was pretty cool. I left the museum a little early to get some photos of the roman theater ruins next door.


Next stop on the trip was the little mountaintop village of Eze, and the perfume factory at its base. I never knew making perfume was so intense. I didn’t buy anything, because I wanted to get up to the village. I had to climb all these steps up there from the parking lot, then rushed down all these tiny narrow streets, ivy-covered and with a mystery around every corner. It was great! Few others made the journey though. They missed something special.


As the light was fading we wound further along the Corniche, the roadway along the cliffs. We arrived at our hostel for the night-Centre Mediterran and settled in, had dinner and then set off for a night in Monaco! My roommates decided we didn’t want to be down there for too long, so we wandered around the world’s most famous casino and admired the jewels in the Hotel de Paris next door. Monaco is an amazing place, but I could see myself spending more
EzeEzeEze

This medieval village is now mostly hotels and restaurants. It's fun to run around too- a maze of passageways and stairs.
than an hour there altogether. The big yachts in the harbor were incredible though. Someday I’ll come back and gamble in the casino and stay in the hotel- for one night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb